ALUMNI AND FRIENDS CENTER OPENS DOORS
Boise State opened the new Alumni and Friends Center as part of the university’s homecoming celebration on Saturday, Oct. 15.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony and grand opening was held, immediately following the homecoming parade. The public was welcomed to tour the building following the ceremony.
The new 44,000-square-foot, $14.5 million center is located directly across from Albertsons Stadium at 1173 University Drive. It will serve as a gathering space for many groups of alumni and university friends for years to come.
EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: Ric Smith
Ric Smith has been a part of the Boise State family as a Senior Landscape Technician for two years. Smith, who loves working outdoors, focuses on ensuring the beauty and maintenance of the landscaping at the Yanke Center. Recently his work was in high demand and much appreciated with the Yanke Center hosting Shakespere’s First Folio.
Outside of work, but still enjoying nature, Smith spends his time riding motorcycles, biking, skiing, and camping.
SOLAR CHARGING STATION READY FOR USE
A new solar charging station located outside the Albertsons Library is now ready for use. The complimentary station provides 120-volt and USB outlets to charge devices and computers via solar power.
CAMPUS OPS JOINS IN HOMECOMING FUN
The 2016 Homecoming Parade was an inaugural showing for the Campus Operations Division float. The Campus Operations Division had a strong showing in the 2016 Homecoming Office Decoration Contest with multiple offices participating with creative decorations. In addition, the 2016 The fun and festivities of the week were exciting and representative of the great team work the division has. Thank you to all who participated!
Broncos partner with witco
In 2014, Boise State hired the first of many clients represented by Witco Inc., a nonprofit founded to help people with disabilities located in Caldwell. WitCo offers many services, including residential housing, children’s programs and community integration for people with disabilities.
NOMINATE FOR DIVISION EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division Employee of the Year awards will be given out each year at the divisional meeting. Nominations are open year-round for the three awards aligned with our division goals: 1) Empathy for the Customer, 2) Attention to Detail, and 3) Imputed Quality.
This month’s newest nominees include:
Attention to Detail: Ric Smith, Sr. Landscape Technician
Attention to Detail: Mark Raya, Sr. Maintenance Craftsman
LANDSCAPE SERVICES SOLICITS FEEDBACK
Boise State University’s landscape services have worked to provide convenient maintenance schedules throughout the school year, keeping in mind impact to students, faculty and staff, classroom and lecture times and campus traffic and congestion.
BROWN BAG LUNCH: EMAIL MANAGEMENT
The final Brown Bag Lunch session of the 2016 calendar year will take place Nov. 2 in Pioneer Hall, room 102. The topic will be “Email Managment” with campus expert Erin Taylor leading the session. Join the session and bring your lunch to learn more about this topic.
SIGN UP HERE >
COFFEE WITH KEVIN
A monthly opportunity is available for division members to meet and converse with Kevin Satterlee, Chief Operating Officer. The first Friday each month, he will host 15-minute visits with individuals or teams of up to five people.
BRONCO ZONE LUNCH
Visit the Bronco Shop each Monday after a home football game to receive 5% off (up to 25%) for each Bronco touchdown that week.
CAMPUS OPERATIONS VIDEO BLOG
Chase Duckworth, a Communications – Media Productions major, has joined the Campus Operations Team as a video blogger. His mission is to tell the Campus Operations’ story from the perspective of a student to the students. Here are some of his most recent videos:
- Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
- Cycle Learning Center: Bike Rentals
- Game Day Color Scheme: Orange Out
- Game Day Color Scheme: Blue Out
- Boise State Car Free Day (Oct. 20)
- Early Voting Opportunity (Oct. 28)
- Boise State’s New Dining Option: Freshii
IMPORTANT DATES and Events TO REMEMBER
The following are important dates and events to remember for the upcoming months:
- November 2 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue (Speakers: Tim Dunnagan/Ken Peterson)
- November 3 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
- November 3 – First Thursday – Boise River Cafe (Cuban Theme)
- November 5 – Campus Ops Football Tailgate, 6 p.m. (Maintenance Shop – North Side)
- November 6 – Daylight Savings Time End (Set clocks back one hour)
- November 7 – Election Day
- November 9 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
- November 10 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
- November 11 – Veterans Day (Campus Open)
- November 15 – Premium Lunch (Thanksgiving Meal) – Boise River Cafe
- November 16 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
- November 17 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
- November 18 – Campus Ops Football Tailgate, 5 p.m. (Maintenance Shop – North Side)
- November 24 – Thanksgiving (Campus Closed)
- November 25 – Day After Thanksgiving (Campus Closed)
- November 29 – Boise River Cafe – Themed Dinner – Taqueria
- November 30 – Bronco Zone: Lunch Above the Blue
MONTHLY TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division is continually offering training opportunities to provide continued education, required trainings and development for its employees. The following are trainings offered in the upcoming month:
- November 2 – Brown Bag Lunch – Email Management (11:45 a.m.-1p.m.)
- November 7 – ONE Boise State