Alicia Estey has been named associate vice president for Campus Operations at Boise State University. Estey will serve the division by providing oversight of all Campus Operations departments, while directly managing Campus Planning and Facilities and Institutional Compliance and Ethics.
EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: Elise Alford-Claffey
Elise Alford-Claffey enters her fourth year as Associate Director for the Boise State University Student Union team. She provides leadership, supervision, direction, and coordination to University Event Services and Audio Visual Production Services and supports art administration and management for the Student Union. Prior to joining the Student Union, Elise supported Boise State orientation and family outreach as a Coordinator with New Student Programs from 2010 to 2014.
Outside of work, Elise enjoys kayaking, photography, the arts, cooking, travel, wine, and cycling. Her favorite movie is Jurrasic Park.
Get ready for Bronco Day – April 8
Want to get involved with Bronco Day?
Campus Planning and Facilities is planning to host a campus history display in the Student Union. The team is looking for display volunteers.
NEW Bronco Shop set to open in May
Boise State University will be opening a new Bronco Shop location, near the new Computer Science space in the Clearwater Building downtown. The new 2,900-square foot City Center store is slated to open in late May. In addition to Bronco Shop product, the space will host a small lounge/charging station to serve the Boise State Computer Science students in the building.
Participate in may in motion
Ada County Highway District’s Commuteride May in Motion campaign kicked-off March 14 and will run through the first week of June.
May in Motion (MiM) is a chance for Boise State employees to team together and receive public recognition for a level of achievement and commitment to smarter commuting.
SIGN UP FOR COFFEE WITH KEVIN
A monthly opportunity is available for division members to meet and converse with Kevin Satterlee, Chief Operating Officer. The first Friday each month, he will host 15-minute visits with individuals or teams of up to five people.
NOMINATE DIVISION EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division Employee of the Year awards will be given out each year at the divisional meeting. Nominations are open year-round for the three awards aligned with our division goals: 1) Empathy for the Customer, 2) Attention to Detail, and 3) Imputed Quality.
This month’s newest nominees include:
Attention to Detail: Sherry Zeng, Financial Manager
Imputed Quality: Emma Ballantyne (Event Coordinator), Theresa Burris (Custodian), Than Than Win (Custodian)
Occupational Safety Newsletter
Each month the Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability team puts together an “Occupational Safety Newsletter” for the campus to read.
CAMPUS OPERATIONS VIDEO BLOG
Chase Duckworth, a Communications – Media Productions major, has joined the Campus Operations Team as a video blogger. His mission is to tell the Campus Operations’ story from the perspective of a student to the students. Here are some of his most recent videos:
- Employee Spotlight: Elise Alford-Claffey
- Boise State’s Newly Renovated SMASH Building
- Dining at Moe’s
- How to Order Boise State Promotional Product
PROMOTION AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Looking for opportunities or do you know someone we could add to our team? The following are open positions within the Campus Operations division:
- Facilities Operations and Maintenance Financial Manager
- Executive Director of Institutional Compliance
- Assistant Director, Transportation, Parking and Safety Systems
- System Administrator, Department of Public Safety
- Title IX Coordinator, Institutional Compliance
- Bronco Shop Manager, BODO Store
- Event Worker, Department of Public Safety
- Locksmith, Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Parking Specialist, Department of Public Safety
- Senior Security Officer (Temporary), Department of Public Safety
- Landscape Technician (Temporary), Facilities Operations and Maintenance
IMPORTANT DATES and Events TO REMEMBER
The following are important dates and events to remember for the upcoming months:
- April 8 – Bronco Day
- April 17-22 – Earth Week
- April 28 – Classes End
- May 1-5 – Finals Week
- May 6 – Commencement
Monthly Training, Workshop, Speaker Opportunities
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division is continually offering training opportunities to provide continued education, required trainings, and development for its employees. The following are training sessions offered in the upcoming month:
- March 13 – ONE Boise State
- March 27 – ONE Boise State
- April 5 – Trello! Personal Productivity and Project Management – 10-11 a.m.
- April 10 – ONE Boise State
- April 12 – Forklift Operator/Safety Training, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Pioneer Hall, 102
- April 24 – ONE Boise State