2017 Division Employees of the Year Named
Boise State University’s Campus Operations Division awarded its second-annual Employees of the Year honors at the division-wide meeting, August 2. Awards were presented in three categories to individuals who personified one of the division’s three goals: Empathy for the Customer, Attention to Detail, and Imputed Quality.
Although there are only three awards, four team members were recognized as Employees of the Year. Kristina Whitaker, a customer service representative, and Larry Stolworthy, fleet manager, representing the Department of Public Safety earned the Empathy for the Customer awards. Ric Smith, senior landscape technician in Facilities Operations and Maintenance, earned the Attention to Detail award, while Dunya Wojcik, event coordinator for University Event Services, was named the Doctrine of Imputed Quality honoree.
The award winners each excelled in one of the three categories and demonstrated these characteristics and qualities in their work throughout the year. Each winner was awarded a plaque, certificate of excellence, and Bronco Bucks to use at various retailers on campus.
Congratulations to our award winners and nominees!
Nominations for the 2018 Employee of the Year Awards will be accepted throughout the 2017-18 school year and will be awarded at our 2018 division-wide meeting.
BRONCO WELCOME VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
With the fall semester quickly approaching, preparations are underway to greet new and returning students. The Bronco Welcome committee seeks your help to create a welcoming atmosphere by volunteering during Bronco Welcome festivities.
Staff and faculty volunteers are needed throughout the first week of the semester. August 18 is an “all hands on deck” day for the university, with many volunteers needed.
Campus Operations supervisors should make every effort to ensure staff has the ability to volunteer during their regular shifts, if they wish to.
AUGUST 18 VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION – This includes:
- NEW STUDENT MOVE-IN will begin on the morning of August 18. Volunteers will meet and greet students and families and deliver belongings to student rooms. This serves as a great opportunity to meet new students and their families as well as showcase what it means to be part of the Bronco community.
- CONVOCATION serves as the official academic welcome to the University for new students. Taking place at 3:00 pm on August 18 in the Taco Bell Arena, volunteers will greet students and families and help them find their seats.
- B ON THE BLUE is an annual photograph of new students and their families inside Albertsons Stadium immediately following Convocation on August 18. While on the blue turf, volunteers will direct people into the formation of the Boise State “B.”
BRONCO WELCOME INFORMATION TABLE REGISTRATION – August 21, 22, 23
Volunteers are also needed throughout the following week at Bronco Welcome Information Tables:
- Information Tables will be stationed at four locations around campus on August 21, 22, and 23. We are looking for friendly volunteers to staff tables and answer questions from students about navigating the campus.
Specific volunteer questions can be directed to America Yorita-Carrion (email@example.com) or Brian McDermott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in attending, please request approval from your supervisor.
EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: TRICIA SENGER
Tricia Senger is the newest member of the Campus Operations Financial Services team, serving as the Finance Manager for Facilities Operations and Maintenance.
Tricia, a Certified Public Accountant, joins Boise State after serving as the director of finance for St. Luke’s Elmore Medical Center for 16 years. She also has a background as an accountant, tax preparer, bookkeeper, cash auditor and inventory controller.
She earned her bachelor of science in accounting from Minot State University (North Dakota), as well as a master’s of business administration from the University of Phoenix.
Tricia and her husband Dean, who is retired from the Air Force, have two grown children, Tyler (22) and Tia (20). Both will be attending Boise State this fall. Along with spending time with her family, she enjoys time with her dogs and cat, camping or reading. (The photo shows Tricia, bottom right, along with her family).
SIGN UP FOR COFFEE AND COMPANY
Same monthly opportunity, new name! This event is available for division members to meet and converse with Campus Operations division leaders, including Kevin Satterlee or Alicia Estey. The first Friday each month, 15-minute visits with individuals or teams of up to five people will be hosted by one of our leaders.
NOMINATE DIVISION EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division Employee of the Year awards will be given out each year at the division-wide meeting. Nominations are open year-round for the three awards aligned with our division goals: 1) Empathy for the Customer, 2) Attention to Detail, and 3) Imputed Quality.
Occupational Safety Newsletter
Promotion and job opportunities
Are you looking for opportunities or do you know someone we could add to our team? The following are open positions within the Campus Operations division.
- Custodian – Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Deputy Director – Architectural and Engineering Services
- Event Worker (August 2017) (Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Event Worker 1 (August 2017)(Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Financial Technician (August 2017) – Campus Operations
- Landscape Technician (August 2017) – Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Landscape Technician (Temporary) (August 2017) – Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Quality Assurance Coordinator (August 2017) – Chief Operating Office
- Senior Security Officer (August 2017) (Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Shuttle Bus Driver (August 2017) (Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Title IX Coordinator (August 2017) – Institutional Compliance
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
The following are important dates and events to remember for the upcoming months:
- August 16 – President Kustra’s State of the University Address and President’s Picnic
- August 18 – Convocation and move-in
- August 21 – Classes begin – Classes delayed until 1:30 p.m.
- September 4 – Labor Day (Campus Closed)
MONTHLY Training AND WORKSHOPS
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division is continually offering training opportunities to provide continued education, required training, and development for its employees. The following are training sessions offered in the upcoming month:
- August 3 – Advanced Trello Discussion Forum (8/3)
- August 14 – ONE Boise State (08/14)
- August 28 – ONE Boise State (08/28)
- September 11 – ONE Boise State (9/11)