Happy Holidays – thanks for all you do!
CAMPUS OPS, Calliope Represent Boise state in the City of Boise Holiday Parade
Thanks to Dave Meredith and Wade Hubsmith for assembling a team including students from the Boise State Dance Marathon who represented Boise State in the City of Boise Holiday Parade in November. They entered the parade along with the treasured Boise State Calliope which played music the entire route.
EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: Michael Jimenez
Michael Jimenez approaches his one-year anniversary working with at Boise State University, serving as a Senior Security Officer in the Department of Public Safety. Michael enjoys Boise State’s commitment to excellence, empathy for students, faculty and staff, and family and community atmosphere. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his family, exercising, hunting, fishing, camping, riding ATVs and snowmobiles and coaching sports.
Congratulations Campus Operations Graduates!
Winter Commencement is approaching and 11 Campus Operations employees will be graduating. Congratulations to:
- Amy Arenovski, Bronco Shop (BBA)
- Brandy Blush, Bronco Shop (Sociology)
- Cole Ishihara, Student Union (History)
- Cory Butler, Public Safety (Applied Science – Bridge to Career Certificate, Leadership and HR Certificate)
- David Schimmel, Student Union (Entrepreneurship Management – BBA)
- Gil Perez, Public Safety (Computer Science)
- Jacob Wood, Risk Management and Insurance (General Business – BBA)
- Justin Cappello, Student Union (Communication – Media Production)
- Kyle Wimpenny, Student Union (Communication)
- Rahim Osman, Public Safety (Accounting)
- Tyler Zacharisen, Student Union (Communication – Journalism)
Bronco shop looking for temporary, seasonal student employees
The Bronco Shop is looking for student employees to assist during the holiday break, as well as to support rush January 2-15, 2018. Employees will assist with general Bronco Shop operations, as well as events around the start of the semester, including textbook purchases and online orders.
Any student or employee acquaintance who would like to apply may do so by visiting the Boise State BroncoJobs page or by filling out an application in the main Bronco Shop store located inside the Boise State Student Union building.
What’s the Difference between Central Receiving and Bronco Express?
Boise State University’s Central Receiving is the campus incoming delivery point for all ground packages, air letters and overnight deliveries from UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Airborne Express. In addition, most inbound truck shipments and all items purchased on Boise State purchase orders filter through Central Receiving. The CR team delivers nearly 40,000 packages to the campus each year.
Those expecting deliveries on campus are encouraged to follow the “Tips for Efficient Package Delivery” and are reminded that personal packages should not be shipped through Central Receiving as it is considered a misuse of state funds. CR delivers Monday through Friday on all days that the campus is open.
Personal packages can be shipped off-campus from the Bronco Express in the Student Union via US Postal Service, UPS and FedEx. The Bronco Express, which serves much like an outgoing campus post office, is open Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Package shipping/delivery to Bronco Express is not available.
BUSTER ON A SHELF IS DECEMBER 11-23
The Bronco Shop will run its annual Buster on a Shelf promotion, December 11-23, offering exciting holiday specials and gift ideas.
Buster on a Shelf will feature one of Buster’s favorite holiday gift ideas each day. The promotion will take place at all Bronco Shop locations with a new item featured each day. Be sure to follow the Bronco Shop on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for each daily feature.
WINTER HEATING REQUESTS DUE DECEMBER 14
Boise State University will close its campus other than essential functions during the winter break, Dec. 23-Jan. 1, 2018. During that time period, facilities will lower the heat in most buildings, setting thermostats to capture energy savings.
To support the university’s sustainability initiatives, any employee who wishes to request heat in a building over break must submit a service request to facilities by close of business on Dec. 14.
Cycle Learning Center Sale through December 14
The Cycle Learning Center is offering 25 percent off on bikes, accessories and tune-ups Dec. 4-14. Stop by and pick up gifts and stocking stuffers for yourself or the entire family.
SIGN UP FOR COFFEE AND COMPANY
Same monthly opportunity, new name! This event is available for division members to meet and converse with Campus Operations division leaders, including Kevin Satterlee or Alicia Estey. The first Friday each month, 15-minute visits with individuals or teams of up to five people will be hosted by one of our leaders.
NOMINATE DIVISION EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division Employee of the Year awards will be given out each year at the division-wide meeting. Nominations are open year-round for the three awards aligned with our division goals: 1) Empathy for the Customer, 2) Attention to Detail, and 3) Imputed Quality.
This month’s nominees include:
Michael Jimenez – Imputed Quality
Occupational Safety Newsletter
Each month the Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability team puts together an Occupational Safety Newsletter for the campus to read.
Promotion and Job Opportunities
- Business Coordinator (December 2017) – Campus Services
- Dining Services Director (December 2017) – Campus Services / Dining
- Event Worker 1 (December 2017) (Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Laborer (December 2017) (Temporary) – Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Landscape Technician (December 2017) – Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Senior Security Officer (December 2017) (Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Shuttle Bus Driver (December 2017) (Temporary) – Department of Public Safety
- Title IX Coordinator (December 2017) – Institutional Compliance and Ethics
Important Dates to Remember
The following are important dates and events to remember for the upcoming month:
- December 11-15 – Finals Week
- December 11-23 – Buster on a Shelf at the Bronco Shop
- December 15 – Tuition Fee Waiver Due Date
- December 16 – Commencement
- December 16 – Las Vegas Bowl – Boise State vs. Oregon
- December 22 –
- December 25-29 – Campus Closed (Winter break)
- January 1, 2018 – Campus Closed (New Year’s Day)
Monthly Training and Workshops
Boise State’s Campus Operations Division is continually offering training opportunities to provide continued education, required training, and development for its employees. The following are training sessions offered in the upcoming month hosted by Campus Operations and campus partners:
- December 11 – Benefit Refresher Workshop
- December 18 – ONE Boise State
- January 8 – ONE Boise State
- January 11-12 – Crucial Conversations
- January 29 – ONE Boise State