Facilities Operations and Maintenance
NOTICE: TEMPORARY RELOCATION OF FOAM ADMINISTRATION AND CENTRAL RECEIVINGFOAM Administration will be temporarily located at 1130 Manitou Avenue. Questions? Contact (208) 426-1409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Receiving will be temporarily located on the west side of Albertsons Stadium. A doorbell is available on location for package pick-up. Contact CR at (208) 426-4196 or at email@example.com.
A new home for CR and FOAM is expected to be complete in Spring 2018. Learn about the new building >
Facilities Operations and Maintenance supports the university’s strategic mission by professionally maintaining safe, functional, and attractive Boise State facilities and grounds, while also providing quality support services to the campus community.
Services and Resources
- Text-n-Fix: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building access: email@example.com
- Maintenance or custodial issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salvage/furniture removal requests: Submit a salvage request
- Moving and warehouse surplus requests: Submit a work order online
- Recycling: email@example.com
- iService Desk: Submit a work order online
Examples of typical texts include custodial issues, campus grounds upkeep or anything that helps maintain a beautiful and functional campus.
Text-N-Fix is not to be used for emergencies! Texts received during business hours are addressed immediately. After-hours texts may not be addressed until the following business day. For after-hours emergencies, call campus security at (208) 426-6911 or dial 911 for medical emergencies.
Note that data transmission charges may apply when you text a picture; please refer to your cellphone contract.
Please contact the FOAM call center at (208) 426-1409 if you have questions or suggestions.
Facilities Operations and Maintenance professionally maintains safe, functional, and attractive facilities and grounds, and provides quality support services to the campus community, in support of the University’s strategic vision.
- To develop an innovative facilities management organization that is a credit to the university and emulated by our peer institutions.
- To partner with the university community to provide facilities and services that are valued by them and of the highest quality possible.
- To assemble a diverse team of energetic and professional service providers committed to working together to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- To utilize the resources provided to the department in a fiscally responsible and environmentally conscious manner.
- To be good stewards of the physical assets entrusted to us by being proactive and farsighted in our planning and decision making.
- To embrace best industry practices and state of the art technology in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services and provide the most cost-effective delivery possible.
Our Guiding Principles
- We are a support organization and our performance is measured by our customer’s satisfaction with the services we provide. With this in mind, we strive to make our systems easy and convenient to use and to always deal with our customers in a courteous, friendly, and helpful manner. We value input from our customers and consider all comments, whether positive or negative, as opportunities to improve our services.
- Our people are our most valuable asset and they should have a pleasant, safe, healthy, and rewarding work environment. Each employee is valued as an individual who is treated with courtesy and respect. We feel that training and development is a continual process that will provide opportunities for all employees to reach their maximum potential.
- We encourage teamwork, collaboration, participative problem solving, and shared responsibility for the accomplishment of our goals.
- We take pride in the quality of our work and the results we achieve. We appreciate new and creative approaches, and encourage risk-taking, in our efforts to continuously improve our practices.
- We believe that open and frank communications with both our customers and among our staff are the best way to develop trust and understanding. Our word and reputation are important, so we always want to deliver on our promises and follow through on our commitments.
- We work to create a culture that fosters accountability for one’s performance and behavior, leadership by example, personal integrity, and professional ethics.
- We seek to be a knowledgeable and dedicated workforce that can be highly productive while enjoying what we do.
For immediate assistance please call (208) 426-1409 or