Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Central Receiving

Central Receiving Location:

1311 W. Belmont Street

Central Receiving Contact Information:

Email: (include package tracking number for internal tracking)
Phone: (208) 426-4196 (for urgent tracking only – please have tracking information available)
Fax: (208) 426-1891

Central Receiving Deliveries

Central Receiving delivers packages ONLY to mail stops for departments, not to specific locations. It is the responsibility of the department to then distribute packages from the mail stop location to its final location.

Personal Packages and Mailings

Central Receiving does NOT handle the mailing/shipping of packages sent via USPS. All packages to be mailed can be taken to Bronco Express in the Student Union. For additional information including contacts you can visit the Mail Service website at:

No personal mail/packages are to be shipped to campus. Shipping personal mail/packages to campus is a misuse of state funds.

Central Store

Central Sales is operated by the Central Receiving Department. We sell and deliver custodial and other maintenance supplies to the campus. Please email if you have questions.

How to order supplies

Please go to the iService Desk to order supplies directly from our catalog and send the order to us online.

  1. Begin by clicking on “catalog search,” under the Material Request sidebar at the left.
  2. Select a part type (e.g., batteries)
  3. Select the part code that you want to order.
  4. Click on the SKU code, which will bring up the part detail
  5. Confirm the order quantity and “Add to cart”
  6. Repeat for more items, or proceed to checkout. You can view your cart at any time.
  7. At checkout, be sure the required fields (*) are filled in
  8. For faster delivery, be sure the office or room number where you want your order is entered in the comments field.

You may want to print out these instructions the first time you navigate or open a second browser.


Central Receiving is the campus delivery point for all ground packages, air letters and overnight deliveries from UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Airborne. We also receive most in-bound truck shipments and all items purchased on Boise State purchase orders. Personal packages should not be shipped to Boise State Central Receiving as it is considered a misuse of state funds.

  • Our Responsibility

    Central Receiving takes responsibility for any packages that are lost or damaged, due to our error, as long as we are notified within 30 days of original delivery.

  • Outbound Shipments

    UPS and Fed-Ex ARS (Authorized Return Service) packages will be picked up by Central Receiving and shipped through the regular delivery service. All other outbound packages should be routed through the mail services. For further assistance with using special services of FedEx, contact State Mail Services at (208) 332-1950.

How to address packages

Since we handle over 40,000 pcs. per year you can ensure fast, accurate and prompt delivery of packages by addressing them as follows:
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise ID 83725-[4-digit mail stop]

First, track your package on the FEDEX or UPS site to verify that Central Receiving has received your package.

If you have confirmed we have received your package: have your UPS, FedEx, or other shipper tracking number ready and email

Feel we've lost or mis-delivered your package?

First, contact the vendor and request a proof of delivery (POD) and tracking number. We record and store all package tracking numbers and can locate any package we have received very quickly with that number. You or the vendor can also email us at with the tracking number for internal tracking.  You can also contact us if it is an emergency at (208) 426-1992.  Please have your tracking information available. You can track your own package at UPS.

Received a package in error?

Department offices should check our deliveries for accuracy. If we have delivered a package in error, call x6-1992 to have it picked up. Once delivered and signed for, all packages become the responsibility of the departments. We can be emailed at