- Change light bulbs (when the need is urgent)
- Clean floors as needed
- Check restrooms for paper and required supplies
- Complete appropriate housekeeping, as time permits
Dusk & Late Night Shifts:
- Provides general housekeeping/custodial services such as restroom cleaning, light bulb replacement, restroom sanitizing and all other forms of custodial cleanings, such as walls, floors, wastebasket, classrooms, halls, furniture, window washing, carpet care, and trash disposal
- Desktops are cleaned on request when department desk materials are removed. Custodians are instructed not to rearrange books or papers on tables or desktops.
- Custodians are instructed not to clean lab benches or tables where experiments are being conducted.
- Turns off lights in the evening in unoccupied classrooms and offices
Which Shift is Which?
With the move to the three shifts, the custodians are now able to provide 24-hour coverage during the week. This also provides a time, late at night, when cleaning can be done with little interaction with students, faculty or staff which means a better job can be done.
If an additional material pickup is necessary please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the location of the material to be picked up.
For detailed information on our recycling program, see our recycling page.