Mission Statement – December, 2011
“It is our mission to promote and continuously improve quality instructional environments by providing expertise in technological innovations, pedagogical evolution, and learning environment design guidelines and standards. The Classroom Improvement Committee fosters an open and collaborative discussion forum to provide prioritized recommendations to campus leadership that support common goals of campus improvement and growth.”
To accomplish this purpose, the CIC will work towards the following goals:
- Establish definitions concerning classrooms:
- General Purpose (Assignment) classrooms
- General Purpose (Assignment) classrooms, Departmental Priority
- Department Dedicated (Controlled) Classrooms
- Identify, survey, and evaluate all General Assignment (Purpose) Classrooms as to their physical environment, technology, and furnishings.
- Recommend and prioritize classrooms for upgrades as required.
- Provide guidance to establish standards for furniture, technology, environment and pedagogy.
- Provost’s office
- Registrar’s office
- Academic Technology
- Office of Information Technology
- Capital Planning and Space Management
- Architectural and Engineering Services
- Facilities Operations and Maintenance